Monday, July 18, 2011

A messy basement and a clean penthouse?

As expected, the representatives of the government and civil society have plenty of outstanding issues that threaten to derail the debate and perhaps stall the Lokpal Bill. I hope we reach some meaningful middle ground. And just as the civil society representatives strive to give teeth to the Lokpal, I hope the governmhttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifent representatives ensure that a new constitutional monster is not created out of this office of hope.
In the article below, I don't deal with the pitfalls... I've restricted myself to just one point: how can we allow the minions of the government to be excluded from the ambit of the Lokpal?

A messy basement and a clean penthouse?

As usual, I look forward to hearing your views. Hope you're doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment